Bonsai Plants & Supplies
- Bonsai is an ancient art form that originated in Japan over a thousand years ago.
- Bonsai uses several time-developed methods to produce miniature trees or shubs in small containers.
- Often varieties with smaller, delicate leaves or needles are chosen to further amplify this ‘scaled-down’ appearance.
- Artists usually begin with a starter specimen plant that is then shaped in an aesthetic way using bonsai wire, pruning and various other techniques that over time achieve the desired result.
- Bonsai is a labour of love and time and when done properly can produce incredible, unparalleled pieces of art!
Art’s Nursery sells a huge variety of plants that are great for starter bonsai specimens and a range of various wires, tools and supplies for bonsai including pots and soil.
Want to learn more about the ancient art of bonsai? There is a BC Bonsai Society/Club
located right in Surrey!
Interested Bonsai Plants & Supplies? Come on in to Art's Nursery to see our selection and talk to our knowledgeable staff. If you’re making a special trip, please call ahead to confirm availability: 604.882.1201.