Dwarf Conifers at Art's Nursery
A fresh delivery of dwarf conifers are now in at our nursery. These beautiful evergreens offer a lot of versatility on how they can be used in your garden and home. They're great for small spaces, at a front door, zen gardening, in a bowl or a small width space to name a few. We have over a dozen unique varieties boasting various colours and textures.
- Twisty Pine - Pre Bonsai Pre Bonsai dwarf conifer displaying dark green needles on dense branches. H: as pruned, W" as pruned. Sun to part shade.
- Dwarf Japanese Yew A dwarf evergreen shrub featuring beautiful golden foliage in spring which fades to green very compact form, ideal for a colour accent in the home garden or rock garden, colour is best with some shade. Zone 5. W: 3ft, W: 3-5 ft.
- Dwarf Pagoda Japanese Holly Stunning dwarf, dense and tightly compact evergreen shrub with tiny foliage and a wonderfully artistic habit of growth, glossy black berries if planted with a male variety. H: 30 in W: 18 in. Sun to part shade. Zone 7-9.
- Jersey Jewel Japanese Holly Tiny deep green leaves are oval and cup-shaped. They are arranged wth an opposite pattern in layers that alternate on short stuff branches. H: 3 ft W 2 ft. Zone: 5.
- Loowit Japanese Hemlock Small blunt needles look like green grains of nice interspersed with tiny brown buds. Diminutive branches crowded with branchlets form a tight, congested bun. Sun to part shade, Zone 4.
- Cole's Prostrate Canadian Hemlock Spreading main branches that knuckle under and bend downward. Gnarlly interior show off its silver bark. Sun to part shade. H: 6 in W: 4 ft. Zone: 4.
- Catherine Elizabeth Japanese White Pine When young, the foliage clumps and mounds creating a unique little sculpture. With age it will be to spread creating a wider than tall dense cloud of light blue green short needled foliage. H: 2 ft W 2 ft. Soil: Average. Zone: 5
- Kinpo Japanese White Pine Twisted, brush like clusters of needles appear along spreading branches. Gently curved shoots accented with attractive small cones provide year round interest. Sun to part shade. Zone 5.
- Horstmann Bristlecone Pine This dazzling pine has short, blue-green needles with white specks of resin. With a more uniform habit than most other bristlecone pines, this conifer is a great focal point for any rock or alpine garden. H: 10-20 ft W: 10-15 ft. Sun. Zone 4A - 8A.
- Iseli Green Hinoki Cypress Distinvtive, handsome tree. Spreading graceful branches display gently cupped sprays of dark green, scale like leaves. Attracive reddish brown bark develops striking texture with age and irregular branching gives each tree a unique personality. Grows 12" per year. H: 20 ft Spread 15 ft. Soil Average. Zone 5. Requires a crane for delivery.
- Butter Ball Hinoki Cypress Bright lemony yellow tips on tightly congested foliage. The vivid colour contrasts beautifully with darker inner foliage. Round and slow growing. H: 5-12 in W: 9-12 in. Sun to part shade. Zone 5.
- Dwarf Golden Hinoki Cypress A dwarf broadly pyramidal shrub form with bright gold cup-shaped leaves. Excellent for rockery use. Very slow growing 2-3 inches per year. H: 6 ft W: 3ft+. Sun. Zone 5-8.
- Gemstone Dwarf Hinoki Cypress Dense and dramatic! Its tightly layered green fans are alive with darker and lighter shades. Plants are so dense that a single specimen can lend extraordinary character. H: 2 ft x W: 1.5 ft. Zone 5.
- Shimpaku Chinese Juniper Vase shaped plant develops upright fountain like branches that are covered in robust green foliage. Good for bonsai. Interesting form and peeling bark. Sun to part shade. Zone 4.